Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

A good start to the day: the rain has not yet arrived. Consequently, I got in a 43 mile bike ride early. Very humid but I enjoyed every mile. Rain is in the forecast most of the week, so I relish riding outside on dry pavement and no rain on the radar or in the air.  Hopefully, my luck will hold out and the rain will stick to "work hours" this week.

I'm pretty sore from swimming yesterday.  Inner thighs, shoulders, and upper back are disagreeing with the new form of exercise. Proves that you can be strong but an unfamiliar activity can recruit muscles in a different way. It's a good soreness. I'm also a little sunburned.  Hope to get some swimming in today, but with the weather, I'm not too optimistic.

Poor Brian re-injured his side sneezing. Last week, he wiped out on the metal steps out back, trying to get the stubborn Fiona back inside. Ornery Fiona.  The flu that hit him last Wednesday has turned into a cough/cold, hence the sneezing.  I wish he'd take better care of himself.

Back to work tomorrow, unfortunately. I'm going to try to keep my postings positive, so I likely won't write much about work or my commute. Try to focus on the good things, like the gym in the building which I decided to make use of mid-morning (instead of taking a lunch break --- don't want to go there at lunch time, too crowded).

I will enjoy this day off. Tomorrow, I'll be leaving early for an appointment, so I'll be easing back into the work routine after the holiday weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment