Sunday, May 24, 2009

Puppy Feet

Nothing beats the sound of an 8 week old puppy's paws stomping across the ceramic tile floor! On the way to pounce on one of her golden retriever "sisters."  Margot does not know that she weighs under ten pounds. She's got a big dog's soul.  Luckily, Maeve and Fiona understand the ways of the puppy and are patient with their canine sister. They are teaching her the rules.

Had a very nice 43 mile bike ride this morning. It was warm - 69 degrees - and mostly clear. I had the trail all to myself, which is what I prefer. Heard and saw all the motorcycles roaring down to the Pentagon for Rolling Thunder, which is an annual Memorial Day Weekend treat. During the ride, I got so toasty that I had to shed my wind vest. Since this year has been colder than normal, I've had a hard time re-gauging my layers and have been over-dressing.  Fortunately, we've had a stretch of dry weather, which is a nice change.  I'm hoping that the rain that's predicted happens during the day and the early morning hours are dry. I spent so much time inside on the trainer due to cold, icy conditions, or rain that I have a new appreciation for riding outside. 

Yesterday, we went for our first swim of the season. It was heaven!  The club is pretty nice. Because I don't have my swimming "legs" yet, I did only a few laps. Mostly just played around in the water, which is always fun.   Even Brian got in the pool, despite the cool water temps. Got a little bit of sunburn on my shoulders, so we got some waterproof sunscreen w/SPF of 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment