Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rainy Tuesday

The sound of rain on the sunroom roof does not sooth me.  It means that I'm stuck riding, inside on the trainer and suffering through Spinervals. Actually, I like Spinervals because they make me stronger and inspire me to work harder. But I miss the fresh air, the stars, the clouds, the moon, the wildlife and the sound of my tires on asphalt.  I also miss coasting down hills. I used to be able to enjoy riding in rain, but the clean up afterward discourages me from doing it unless I have no choice. Coming home coated in dirt/sand -- bike and body -- is not pleasant. Particularly when I have to spend time cleaning up both before rushing through my usual pre-work departure routine.

Commute in today was hell. It rained so hard that I couldn't see well, despite the pre-dawn light. 

I got my hair cut very short today. Swimming hair! It's above my chin, a length I haven't sported in years. I like it. Also, I'm happy to be rid of my silver roots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment