Friday, July 31, 2009

Goodbye July

Bike Miles : 36
Swim - 80 laps/about 55 mins

Ending July on a humid note! About 7 miles into my ride, I got sprinkled on for about 1o minutes.  The shower was on the southeast end of my circuit. It wasn't significant and when I passed that area later, the water had evaporated from the pavement. The best kind of shower. Enough to cool you off but not get you, your bike, or the ground wet. Met a guy leaving for work, headed out to his parked car. I saw him a couple other mornings this week, since I altered my route to avoid the "scooter intersection."  He was very friendly.  Brian went running when I got home so I had to tend to the girls while eating breakfast. 

Work was such a snore. I had one thing to do---took 5 minutes. The high points of the day were going to the gym (upper body blast-machines) and deciding to leave an hour early.  Of course, the minute I walked out the door, it started sprinkling and it was blowing like a mofo.  It had rained previously, must have been a downpour, on the Toll Road but I encountered that dreaded standing water. Hit a little bit of rain but it stopped by the time I got to Arlington County. 

I got to the pool early and was surprised to find it more crowded than my usual time. I ended up getting a lane to myself until some guy just decided he wanted to split the lane w/me (didn't ask me, just jumped in).  After about 10 minutes, the lane next to me freed up and I was able to have a lane to myself for the rest of my swim. It was pretty neat because a storm blew in while I was swimming and I could see the angry clouds through the sky lights. Had a good swim.  

Came home to puppy induced chaos. We need to work on "down" and surfing every blessed surface.  And barking. I think it would have been worth it to send her to Turtle Creek for puppy training!  Margot is wreaking havoc.

No comments:

Post a Comment