Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Muck

This morning, there was what looked like a thunderstorm or a semi-significant but very small pocket of rain on the radar, almost over where I live/ride. Should I risk it and ride outside or suck it up indoors, on the trainer, with Coach Troy. I checked outside and it started raining. Since it was a little pocket I ended up changing jerseys, donning my Gore cycling cap to wear under my helmet, and pumping up the tires on my beater bike.

It was raining lightly when I started, but most of the rain was dry. The rain stopped after a couple miles, but there was a small, light patch of rain for about five miles after about a half hour. Nothing of significance, thank goodness. The trail/road were wet and of course, my bike and calves were coated in sand/dirt by the end of the ride. There was also patchy fog. I was able to get in my planned miles -- 36.  Might be some rain tomorrow morning, so I'm glad that I got it in today.

No swimming yesterday, as I had my hair colored and I needed to give it 24 hours to "set" before exposing it to pool chemicals. I could have gone if I wanted to wear a swim cap but decided against it.  I needed at least one rest day from swimming to give my shoulders a break, regardless.  Instead, I took Fiona on a walk---a nice break from Margot and her puppy madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment