Monday, July 20, 2009

20 July

Bike Mileage: 36
Swim: 52 laps/45 minutes

My ride started out ok. It was partly cloudy and in the mid-60s.  As I was completing my first circuit, I heard someone speaking off the side of the trail. Didn't sound like a bum or a drunk. I thought they were in the covered bench area and I didn't see them because I was focused on the pavement ahead of me. Didn't think twice about it. As I was coming back around, I see a flash and voila, the doofus starts shooting off fireworks right in front of me. I just stopped. He must have shot off six of them, different colors. Sparks were coming down on the pavement and had I been riding through, I'd probably been burned. When it seemed like he was finished, I just rode through. Thankfully, he must have entertained himself sufficiently or ran out of firepower. About five miles later, I encountered a commuter and I warned him about the potential assault awaiting him. Thankfully, the only other exciting encounter was coming up on five or six raccoons in the 2nd underpass. They scattered when they saw me coming!  Never saw so many of them congregating in one place. Thirty-six miles completed.  And it wasn't even a full moon.

Another absolutely boring day at work, but there might be light at the end of the tunnel. Just a small ray of it, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

It was cloudy, threatening rain most of the day, and temps in the high 70s/low 80s. The pool wasn't crowded, as a consequence.  I took it easy swimming because my legs were pretty fried from my weight workout earlier in the day.  After about a half hour, I started getting a little cold but I was determined to do 50 laps.  "Occasional rain/thunder" is the weather word for the week, so I have to get in my outdoor activities when the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment