Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Full Moon, Bright Sun

My last day off for awhile.   I'm hoping to take a day in August before Labor Day, but it'll depend. 

Started off with a very nice 43-mile bike ride. The moon was very bright and gave some nice "moon light."  The very few clouds did little to obscure it. Not surprisingly, I was pretty tired -- particularly my legs -- during the ride. I've had very active past week. Going back to work tomorrow, while dreaded, will give me a bit of an enforced rest.

Maeve, Fiona, and Margot got walks, which all three enjoyed. Margot has taken to the leash better than any golden puppy we've raised, including the wonderful, perfect Agnes. Maeve is much better than she had been so long as we don't encounter any humans/animals. Fiona is a bit of  a dwaddler, sniffing this and that, but she doesn't linger as much as she used to due to my drill sergeant ways. 

The sun persisted, so it heated up nicely. I had a marvelous time at the pool. Because I knew it was unlikely that I'll swim tomorrow, I did extra work. Ended up swimming MOSTLY freestyle, which was an accomplishment, and focusing on technique. I cranked out 80 laps in 75 minutes.  It was very relaxing but my shoulders are really feeling it now. I'm so happy that I rediscovered my love of the water and of swimming. The more time I spend in the pool, I become more confident a swimmer. Actually felt strong today, too.

Came home to find that the mailman brought my two new swimsuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment