Friday, July 24, 2009

TGIF 24 July

Bike Miles: 36
Swim: 80 laps/~1 hr
There were bad storms Thursday night so I was anticipating having to ride inside on the trainer. In addition, there was a vicious thunderstorm that woke me up before midnight---lights went off for a few seconds, which required that I reset my alarm clock.
It stopped by "ride time" so I got in my outdoor miles. The pavement was wet but drying, and it was foggy/damp.  Warm, though. I felt pretty good and went at a good clip even though I was on my beater bike. There was debris on the trail, alongside the stream. I saw the big dude with his rottie, but otherwise, it was deserted. No freaks.

Looked forward to my swim all day. I went to the High School again.  It was a bit busier than Thursday and I had to share the lane for a few laps. The lane next to mine opened up, so I moved over to finish my last few laps.  It was a nice way to cap off a long week and when I left, I was pleasantly tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment