Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Rest of the Work Week

Thursday started on with my regular 36-mile ride. Cool, bright full moon, dry, nice. I'm trying not to get used to this weather because rain is inevitable. In the meantime, I'm enjoying every dry mile. 

 I went to the pool after work. Came home first to let out the girls and give Margot a little break from the crate. Thankfully, it wasn't crowded at the pool and I was able to swim 50 laps, more freestyle than breast stroke!  Because the sun was in my eyes on my laps "back," it was a little tough.  Breast stroke, I'm facing south coming back, so the sun isn't an issue. Spent about 45 minutes in the water.

Friday's 36 mile ride was nice. Notable moments:  saw a big-eared young fox carrying either a dead rat or dead rabbit in its mouth, heading off to have breakfast. Also passed a bird, sleeping in the middle of the pavement!  Another clear, bright moonlit sky. 

After a pretty stressful commute home, I let the girls out, fed them, and went swimming. It was so nice because they had an extra lane blocked off for lap swim, and I had it to myself most of the time.  That was probably because it was cloudy and in the low 80s.  I ended up swimming about 50 minutes//60 laps. 

I might have found another place to swim after the summer pool season ends. Keeping my fingers crossed because I don't want to have to go to the crowded HS pool exclusively.

No comments:

Post a Comment