Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another Good Swim

Bright sun and warms temps. Perfect.

I swam almost continuously, with momentary rests, for about 70 minutes.  Alternated freestyle and breast stroke, and felt good.  I wasn't at all tired when I got out of the pool, and really, I could have gone longer. I didn't want to overdo, particularly since I knew I'd need some fuel in about another hour or I'd risk bonking.  Doing this consistently is going to be the trick to really getting comfortable and mastering it.  Brian watched me and said I was not at all a "messy" swimmer.  My legs made no splash and my arms, minimal.  There was a guy who decided to swim in the middle of the lanes, which displeased the lady who was on the other lane (they block off two lanes for lap swimmers -- make it one wide lane in which three can swim, although it gets a little close).  The guy was a big splasher and she told me that he was making water go in her mouth!  I found his "style" annoying but knew he wouldn't last long since he was wasting so much energy pummeling his arms and legs. 

Sigh. The end of the weekend looms and does the resultant sadness/dread. On the bright side, I'll be off on Thursday for medical appointments (who ever would have thought a visit to the gyn would be so welcome?).

No comments:

Post a Comment