Sunday, June 21, 2009

Solstice

My favorite day of the year because it has the most light and is usually warm. During this morning's ride, there was not a cloud in the sky, which is fitting given it's the Solstice. There also was a refreshing, dry NW wind.  I got in 43 miles on dry pavement. 

Yesterday, before the rain started, I was able to get in a 43 mile ride.  It didn't rain Friday night, despite predictions to the otherwise, so I really enjoyed it. Some muck/sand in the first underpass thanks to all the torrential downpours. I noticed that the creek has a lot of silt/rocks accumulating in certain spots, probably due to all the flooding. 

I was able to walk the girls before the rain started.  It came down pretty hard and right before noon, we had a thunderstorm. Thankfully, not severe. Just enough to ensure that everything stayed a muddy mess.

We delayed going to the pool by about 40 minutes, as we wanted to make sure it was clearing up for good. Got there and had the place to ourselves for almost an hour. I swam 80 laps, alternating freestyle and breastroke. Today, my shoulders are just a little sore, but in a pleasant way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment