Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cold Swim

Yesterday, it was supposed to be warmer and sunny. "Supposed to" being the operative phrase. Well, we went to the pool when it opened and it was cloudy, barely 70.  I knew it would be cold and I was not disappointed. Once I was in the water, I was fine. However, as my swim progressed, I got chilled. Ended up doing 46 laps, including several of a very rough freestyle, before I surrendered.  Another positive was I had the pool pretty much to myself!

This morning's bike ride was wonderful. Chilly - around 58 degrees - and humid. But I had the trail to myself and witnessed a nice sunrise. Felt pretty strong, too.

Today it's supposed to be in the 80s and sunny. The sun is out now, so I'm optimistic.  Today's swim should be in warmer waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment