Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Glad I Went

Today I went to an old friend's retirement party. This week, I've been in a foul mood, so I really didn't feel like going. I've been in hermit mode, keeping to myself and staying in my office.  Despite feel like a bitch on wheels, I wanted to be there for my friend and I know how much it means to someone, realizing their pals took time to attend. So I went. The minute I stepped out of the building, I felt better.  The party was fun. It was so nice to be around normal people, with whom I could laugh, relax, and talk without being on guard. I saw some folks whom I hadn't seen in ages, too.  

Got in a good ride this morning, although I still had yesterday's headache. Sinus, as evidenced by the red droplets of bloody nose juice that landed on my arm warmer when I let loose with a snot rocket during my ride.  An advil when I got home got rid of the headache.

Did the usual summer weekday 36 miler.  Encountered three harmless young folks - late teens? - apparently coming home from a party or night out. Two girls and a guy, signs of being mildly drunk. Took me back to the day!  I guess they missed the last metro and had to hoof it.  One of the girls was carrying a hockey stick (protection from a mauler or a homeless person?).  

No comments:

Post a Comment