Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Rain!

I had today off because of doctor's appts.  So I was hoping for some extra time to do the things I enjoy.  No surprise, rain but a damper on things.

This morning, it poured and thunderstormed, so I ended up doing Spinervals on the trainer instead of riding 43 miles outside as I had intended.  Hillacious and Recovery/Technique are tough workouts, but they cannot compare to riding outside.

I decided to head for the pool, despite some thunderstorms on the radar. It didn't seem like they were headed our way, even though it was very humid and cloudy.  So I got there and was able to swim 14 laps before being ejected from the pool due to "thunder."  Well, it stormed in earnest right after I got home. Now it's sunny outside and still raining/thundering. Sheesh.  Just as I was getting my rhythm in the pool, fate intervenes and cuts my session short.

I did get to walk both Fiona and Maeve this morning, so that's one positive. I also was able to change/wash the sheets, a weekend chore that I loathe.  

To top things off, I noticed something odd by my shoulder this morning --- like a tiny speck of dirt. When I pulled it off (ouch), I figured out it was a TICK. Part of it is still in my skin, but it'll come out on its own.  Now I have to be on the lookout to make sure that bulls eye mark doesn't form. What a PITA.  After that happened, I decided to give the dogs their Advantix, despite my reluctance to put chemicals on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment