Saturday, June 27, 2009

Three Little Kits

On this morning's bike ride, I saw a good bit of wildlife. The best sight of all was three kits, huddled together in the middle of the trail, like they were discussing their next adventure. When they saw me approaching, they high tailed it into the shrubs.  I've seen them before and last year, there was a family of little foxes in the same location. Might be the same mommy.

In addition to the sweet kits, I was a big assed raccoon whom I've spotted before and a doe.  

It was a nice morning for a ride and I got in 43 miles. Although it rained last evening, the wind pretty much made for dry pavement. Adversely, it added a bit of a challenge heading west, which of course is the hilly part of the ride. 

Swimming was on the agenda for today, and I alternated freestyle & breaststroke for 70 laps. About an hour in the pool.  In addition, to taking Margot out every five minutes for a pee.  Poor Maeve and Fiona's meds hasn't arrived yet.  Thankfully, Fiona's poop is no longer runny but Maeve's was when I walked her this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment