Thursday, September 10, 2009

3.5 more days...

Wednesday
Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 1,500/42 mins

Thursday
Bike Miles 40
Swim - 1, 500/42 mins

I didn't sleep well either Tuesday or Wednesday night, so I'm taking the day off to try and relax. Maybe take a nap.

Wednesday I got caught in some rain during my bike ride. I was prepared, wearing my rain jacket and old Sidis, but none too pleased. Luckily, it never rained hard but was more the intermittent light showers/sprinkles. Of course, I had to clean up the beater bike when I got home because the pavement was very wet. I didn't wear my glasses and a bug flew in my eye (of course). Couldn't get it out. 

Had an OK swim on Wednesday, it was my first swim before work. It was pretty darn crowded but I was fortunate that I had to share the bulkhead lane with only one other person. I did 60 laps, then got showered, dressed, and headed off to Dulles. The traffic was a heavier in spots but aside from coming to a dead stop at the merge onto 28, not too bad. Made it there in about 30 minutes. Thank goodness this is just for my last few days working out there. Getting to my new office will be much quicker.

Aside from a few spits of drizzle, Thursday's bike ride was dry. Since I was going to stay home and got up earlier than planned, I rode a little farther than usual. Take advantage of being outside because rain is predicted for tomorrow morning.

I felt stronger during my swim this morning but decided to cap it at 60 laps. Had to share with two others today, as a young man joined me and the older guy with whom I shared yesterday (second day we shared the bulkhead lane---apparently, we've staked our territory!). My first experience swimming circles, which was something I dreaded. Actually ended up not being too bad, even though the young guy kept lapping both me and the old guy. In addition, he took his half out of the middle and did those dreaded flip turns. Well, I proved I could do it, which is a relief, because I really want to keep swimming. 

When I got home, I treated the girls to walks. Selfish motivation to do so, though. Tire them out so I can rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment