Saturday, September 12, 2009

Coolness

Bike Miles - 43
Swim - 2,500/70 mins

A nice refreshing wind made my bike ride enjoyable yet challenging. The air had that fresh smell--guess yesterday's rain washed everything clean. The pavement was dry, so I was able to ride my Eclipse (always a treat). It was in the low sixties but felt cooler.

I got to the pool when it opened and wonderful, not crowded. I was able to get my favorite lane and have it all to myself the entire time. An otherwise decent swim but some temporary issues with my goggles' seal provided a minor annoyance. I tightened the strap and all was well. Able to get in 100 laps and felt decently strong. Hopefully, Saturdays will be quiet at the pool.

Poor Maeve had her "easy button" removed last night and Dr. House, at Maeve's request, took off her wart, too. Now she had frankenstein staples/stitches down her forehead! The vet had no idea what the lump could be, as it was hard and bigger than expected. Off to pathology. She thinks it looks benign but we won't know anything until the lab results are back.

Getting my hair cut/colored today. It's too long and is driving me nuts. Rediscovering how much easier it is to have short hair was a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment