Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Bike Miles - 43
Swim - 2,500/70 mins

Got my Alaris all ready to go our for the final summer ride and discovered wet pavement when I opened the door (no rain on radar, though). Very humid. Ended up trading out for the beater bike, which meant moving the headlights and pumping up the tires. Did it resignedly. I don't dig the beater bike. Apparently, a storm had passed through sometime overnight, leaving puddles, wet pavement, humidity, and a few minor patches of fog. Had a decent ride, though. 

My swim was great. Quite to my surprise, it wasn't that crowded and I had the bulkhead lane to myself.  I was able to get into a rhythm. 

I'm actually thinking about swimming early bird during my final 7 days in Policy and just gritting through the awful commute. Going in the afternoon will be a real PITA because I can't go directly from work---pool doesn't open until 4:30---and that will compress everything. In addition, I'm simply afraid it's going to be madness there, crowded. Since the pool is closed tomorrow, I don't have to decide until Wednesday. That mean six days of dealing with the increased traffic, if I commute later.  However, it means that I can sleep a bit later, particularly since I'm planning to cut back on my daily bike miles just a smidge.

It's a very cloudy and humid Labor Day. Feels like rain. Actually rain is predicted on and off for the entire week, which is a bummer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment