Saturday, September 5, 2009

Holiday Weekend/Saturday

Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 2,500/70 mins

Morning ride brightly lit by a "corn moon."  The light was that blue-ish white and it was so bright that there were moon shadows all over. Seemed like a different landscape.  At the halfway point, I encountered this two very young fauns.  They didn't know what to make of me and my headlight---scurried off after giving me a good long look. They were so close I could have touched them. 

I wasn't sure how my swim was going to go because I was so zapped during yesterday's swim. I decided that I would be satisfied with at least 45 minutes in the pool.  Today, I was the first person to arrive and they let me into the pool area right away, instead of making me wait.  I claimed my lane but ended up switching to my favorite lane. Gave the pool nazi my original lane. For some reason, the three folks who arrived right at opening went to where I was, leaving the rest of the pool empty. The pool nazi was going to share with me, but I said, "why don't you have this one to yourself, I'll swim down there." 

When I got in the water, I was mindful of taking my time and focusing on my technique. Worked like a champ. While my technique progressively deteriorated as time passed, I was able to bang out 100 laps. Just as I was finishing my final lap, a lady asked if she could join me. She got the lane to herself, at least for awhile. The faster lanes were full.

Got home, had some tea, then walked the beasts. Maeve was in a mood to pull, which challenged my tired shoulders & arms. Fiona was an angel, as was Margot. As we were heading down N. 20th Road, Max, the cranky old man of a GSD, came out to bark at us. His tether apparently was not secured because he followed us out into the road, barking in his hoarse old man dog tones. I picked up Margot, just in case he got any ideas, and said, go home, you're going to get hit by a car. As we headed off, he lost interest and went back in his yard.

Trying to adjust to progressive lenses as I type this. Feel a little seasick. But I have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment