Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Chilly Start to September

Bike Miles -  36
Swim - 2,000/55 mins

It was a chilly, chilly morning ride. Fifty-eight degrees & low dew point. I had on knee warmers, a wind vest, cool weather gloves, and arm warmers. My feet got a little chilly despite wool socks!  As I was nearing the end of the ride, saw a little baby bunny hopping across the pavement. 

Got out to the car and discovered that the "low tire pressure" indicator was lit up. Stopped at the gas station but none of the tires were low. I thought it might be due to the cool overnight temps. Unfortunately, the light stayed on the entire way out and in the afternoon, on the way home. Stressed me out, which added to the discomfort of a pretty crappy day at work. Passive-aggressive boss. Well, hopefully, only another 9 days to get through in this assignment.

Got rid of the stress during a nice swim. Made it through most of the swim with having the lane to myself. As I was finishing up my last laps, some old woman --- dressed in a polyester competition type suit with a T-SHIRT! underneath it --- took half my lane without asking. I've seen her there before, several weeks ago, but she wasn't wearing the t-shirt then. Anyway, as I was nearing the end of the lane, she moved over in the corner, right in front of me. Just standing there, catching her breath, I guess. What a jerk. She said something to me but I couldn't hear her. Just turned around and finished my final two lanes. Well, at least I didn't have to deal with her during my entire swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment