Thursday, September 24, 2009

Summer-like Thursday

Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 2,250/67 mins

Because there were showers predicted, I wasn't sure that I'd be riding outside. There was some rain on the radar but it looked like it passed through already. Pumped up the tires on the beater bike and headed out. There was dry pavement near the house but a half mile away, the roads were wet, with puddles. Same sort of conditions on the trail. Wet north of 50, dry south.  I saw a skunk, a first ever. He crossed the trail in front of me, so I was praying he wouldn't get scared and spray me. Whew, made it past him without incident. It was very warm out---75 degrees---and humid. There were some patches of fog where the pavement was wet.

It wasn't that busy at the pool so I had my favorite lane to myself for about 75% of my swim. Started out feeling pretty darn good but by the end, my shoulders were sore and I was tired. Decided to slog it out to 90 laps but not push it to 100. Since I do my long swim on Saturday, I didn't want to overdo today. I love working to the point of soreness---means I'm getting stronger!

The girls were panting away during their walks because of the warmth/humidity. It is promising to be a mostly cloudy day with peaks of sun. 

While my bruises are very colorful, the soreness has pretty much dissipated, thank God.

Yesterday, Brian and I went to the Tidal Basin for a walk before he went in to the office for a meeting. Haven't been there for awhile, so it was nice. After a pizza lunch, he left and I took a two hour nap!  How am I going to go back to work and make it through the day without taking my nap?  LOL!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment