Thursday, September 3, 2009

Counting down the days!

Bike miles - 36
Swim - 2,500/75 minutes

The way I figure it, eight more days in this job. Eight more days to drive all the way out there to the worst of suburban sprawl....

Another nice morning to ride, although it was slightly warmer today.  Took it easy and did a lot of thinking. I'm anticipating a challenging day at work because of the boss (probably more frustrating than anything).  I might end up taking a couple hours of leave.

I went ahead and left 2 hrs early, going right to the pool. Although I had to share a lane with a guy for about 10 minutes, I was able to have my favorite lane to myself for the rest of my swim. I plodded out 100 laps but I was pretty darn beat. I kept remembering Coach Troy saying, you get stronger when you keep going and when it hurts. So that's what I did. I tried to focus on form, too. 

When I got home, I took the girls out back for a game of fetch. Only Maeve was interested in playing, though. It was Margot's first time out in the yard, so she was content to run around and explore. She was so good, came right inside when lured with a cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment