Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn Equinox

Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 2,000/58 mins

It felt downright warmish out during my early morning bike ride. Sixty-four degrees and very humid. Thank goodness, a very peaceful, non-eventful ride. No cur and big bald goon sightings!  Right leg and left knee still bruised and sore, but improving.

My bruises didn't impact my swimming, but I was feeling a little like a rock today. LOL.  The pool was full but I was able to split a lane the entire time, instead of having to swim circles with two others. Consequently, I slogged out 80 laps. Next week, it's back to work and I won't be able to spend an hour swimming on the weekdays. 

Legs felt fine on the dog walks, too. Brian went in to work late, so he came with me on Margot's walk.  

After my shower, I found a hereto undiscovered bruise on the back of my left calf from the dog wreck.

Yesterday, Brian and I went to the Pentagon Memorial (he came home around 10:00 yesterday, which was a nice surprise). No surprise, I started to cry, remembering 9/11 and all that loss. The memorial is very understated and a good tribute. 

We also did a test run of my new commute, which shouldn't be bad at all.  Brian was so sweet---he got me a parking pass for the garage, so I will be ready to go Monday. I should regain about an hour or more of daily "me" time lost during that awful commute to Dulles.  Have the option to metro, too, if there's snow or I don't feel like driving.

Rain is coming, unfortunately. Gives me a good excuse to read and take it easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment