Friday, September 18, 2009

Cloudy Friday

Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 1,750/47 mins

Since I had a 2.5 hour nap yesterday, I had a little bit of trouble falling and staying asleep. Woke up feeling OK, though. Nice bike ride---it was dry and there was no fog.

Swim was fine but I wasn't into the groove this morning. Ended up doing 70 laps, which is fine since I intend to swim an hour or more tomorrow. If some bikini-wearing young chick hadn't dropped herself in the lane, I would have gone for 80. However. I was already splitting the lane with someone who should have been in a medium lane and this girl looked like she was going to be too fast for the slow lane as well. Rather than deal with having to watch out for both of them lapping me and/or doing flip turns on top of me while swimming circles, I decided fate intervened and ended it at 70.  If that happens again and I'm under my goal for the day, I will tell the person(s) that it is a slow lane and unless they can keep a slow pace, to please move to a faster lane. Today, I was satisfied with doing my regular 60 and consider the extra ten laps a bonus.

When I got outside, it was misting. Unexpected. Luckily, a quick mover, as by the time I got home, it almost stopped. Took the girls on their walks and had a good time. A whole day unscheduled with no commitments.  I love it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment