Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fried

Bike Miles - 44
Swim - 2,500/73 mins

I need a vacation to rest up after my vacation!

Today, it was a bit chilly but not cold. About 61 degrees with a brisk wind. Unfortunately, as I was heading up to the turn around on my first circuit, the bald goon and his meaty monster of a dog were up ahead. I turned around and ended up varying my route a bit so that I would not encounter them. Success! They were gone by the time I headed back that way. As a consequence of changing things up, I ended up doing an extra mile. Legs were a little tired.

The pool seemed a little more crowded than usual and my buddy showed up. Therefore, I ended up sharing the lane with him, just like a weekday. He's not a consistent Saturday swimmer. Anyway, he left after about 35 minutes and I had the lap to myself until my final 20 laps. It was fine--the guy was a polite swimmer.  Have to admit to being tired for most of the swim, particularly my legs. That always makes me feel like I'm sinking, so I end up kicking more and making it worse. LOL. Determination got me through 100 laps, even though I initially was going to stop at 60, then 80, then 90. Since I don't plan to swim tomorrow, I wanted to do a long swim.

The sky was really cloudy, almost threatening, when I walked the girls. They took it easy on me, probably sensing that I was wiped out. It feels very fall-like outside with the cool temps and breeze. Rain is promised for later today into tonight and Sunday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment