Friday, September 25, 2009

Showery Friday

Bike - 1 hr, 45 mins/trainer
Swim - 2,000/1 hour

Woke to drizzle and rain on the radar, so I decided to do a couple Spinervals (Lean & Mean and Recharge).  For many reasons, I'm no longer determined to get in outdoor miles when the weather conditions aren't that great. It's also good to shake it up a little bit with some trainer miles. Looks like I'll probably be back inside on Sunday morning because some more rain is headed our way.

My swim went pretty well for the first 60 laps, then I got decidedly tired. I went from feeling buoyant to rock-like, probably because my legs were fried. Since it wasn't too crowded, I slogged it out to 80 laps. Started out the swim with the wild haired guy -- my usual lane partner -- and he left after 40 minutes, which is his usual swim time. I had the lane to myself for about 10 minutes, then some guy who was too fast for the slow lane joined me. Not a big deal, as he kept to his side and wasn't a sloppy swimmer. As I was leaving, another young man who appeared to be fast (big shoulders/chest) asked if he could have my side of the lane. I don't know why these folks don't go in the medium lanes. Since I was leaving, who cares? And best of all, bikini girl didn't show up today. She must be a Monday/Wednesday swimmer and once I get back to my workday swim schedule, I shouldn't encounter her since I'll be doing 60 laps at most....

No dog walking this morning because it continues to rain. Perhaps if it clears up, I'll get them out this afternoon. Hopefully... 

Brian is at an offsite today, so I'll have the day to myself. Plan to read, nap, take it easy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment