Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Full Day of Fall

Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 2,000/55 mins

Who would have guessed this first day of fall would have the warmest morning in several weeks. Had a nice bike ride---dry, comfortable, felt good. My bruises are healing nicely.

I decided to focus on taking it slow during my swim, and as a consequence, had a good one. Felt buoyant, unlike yesterday--I think the difference was ensuring that I kept my core engaged and my head down. Started out splitting the lane with the wild haired guy, who is actually a nice fellow. He left after about 40 minutes and a lady joined me (she was fine but a bit faster than I). First 72 laps were good ,but Ms. Bikini-clad Too Fast for the Slow Lane plopped herself in the lane and asked if me and the other lady could swim circles so she could join us. I very pointedly told her that it was a SLOW lane (clearly marked) and in so many words, to respect that (I said I didn't want her lapping me).  I figured that I had only 8 laps to do til I reached my goal of 80 so it was ok.  The other lady apologized to me for being in the lane, as I was getting out of the pool. She was fine---gave me room & slowed down, even though I was jamming her up. Ms. Bikini also kept her distance, which was nice. I have to admit that if she does it again, I will insist that she go to a medium lane. She is simply too fast to hog a slow lane.  It's not fair to others.

Had a good time walking the girls after I got home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment