Thursday, September 17, 2009

Finally Done!

Monday 
Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 1,500/42 mins

Tuesday
Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 1, 500/42 mins

Wednesday
Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 1,500/40 mins

Thursday
Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 2,000/55 min

My last day was yesterday, and I was so happy I could have spit sparks!  My female coworker (of course) got me flowers and a card, which the Staff signed.  She told me that our boss wanted nothing to do with it, which doesn't surprise me. But it's over, done, finished. One of the many lessons I take away from this assignment was how NOT to manage a Staff.  Although, I already am a much better mentor/supervisor/manager than that boss, but it never ceases to amaze me how unprofessional some senior managers act in the workplace. He is proof that having expensive Italian shoes and going on pricey vacations does not give one class.  

Went to the new office to take my stuff down. Wow. THE CITY. Love it. Not sure if I'm going to drive or take metro yet. Parking is pretty dear, but I had been paying out the wazoo for tolls and gas to commute way out at Dulles. It probably would be a wash. Coworkers seem nice but the work environment is a fix of officers from other places. Will be interesting. Boss mentioned that she anticipates that "a couple" of us will remain in Crystal City because there isn't enough space for everyone in Tysons. Maybe I'll volunteer to stay....  we'll play that one by ear. :-)

I'm on leave now until I start the new assignment on the 28th.

Has been a good bike week and rain that was predicted Wednesday and today didn't materialize. It was wet on Wednesday morning, though, so I ended up having to clean off the beater bike when I got home. The fog made it tough going at times, particularly since I had to watch out for crazy trail-crossing rabbits. On Tuesday, I had a mechanical issue with my Eclipse on my way home at the end of my ride. A bad case of chain suck. So it's at the doctor's getting an overhaul and new tires. I've ridden it a lot this summer so it deserves some TLC.  I love that bike.

Time in the pool has been good, too. Have had a good bit of energy and it hasn't been too crowded. Since I'm off, I swam 80 laps this morning. One of the regulars told me that it might get a little more crowded next week when the last-remaining outdoor pool closes. Hopefully, those will be "later" swimmers and no early birds.

I'm going to take it easy during my leave. Brian can't take much time off, so I'll have plenty of "me" time for doing whatever I please!

No comments:

Post a Comment