Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rollie Poolie


Bike Miles - 43

After a nice, peaceful bike ride, I walked the girls. Margot apparently didn't want to go until she re-bonded with her sisters. I got her out of the crate and leashed her up. Got her outside and she first ran back toward the house. Persuaded her to come down the steps with me on to the road, although she kept right behind my feet (unsafe!). As we started down the road, she was crying more than usual and doing her serpentine routine. I dropped the leash in the midst of all the hand switching and off she went, turning around and heading back toward the hill.  Initially, I chased her but realized that I would never catch her and she would be too scared to wander off. Sure enough, she went up the steps and was waiting at the front door for me. 
We got inside and she went around, kissing and jumping on Maeve and Fiona.

After she settled down, we went back out and tried again. Margot did fine on her walk.  Her body is now too big for her head and she's fat. When she walks, her torso rollie-poolies back and forth like a big old sack of potatoes. A growing spurt is likely on the way.

Brian's going to the office for a few hours this morning, unfortunately. Don't think I'll swim. I need a day off from the pool and I'm not in the mood to deal with some of those senior citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment