Tuesday, August 11, 2009

11 August

Bike Miles -36
Swim - 1,750/50 mins

Woke up just before the alarm was to go off, so I rushed to get out on the bike. The skies were pretty clear, despite the predicted chance of rain. It must have rained a bit overnight because there were wet patches on the pavement and the wooden bridges were wet. The only other souls I saw out were the big bald guy and his rottie. It was very steamy---warm and humid. Took it easy because my legs were sore from Monday's strength session.

Another slow day at work. The commute home was hell because they had a lane blocked off on the connector from the Toll Rd. to Rt 66. Right where those two lanes collapse. I might have to get off in McLean and go home the back way. It's just going to get worse as this stupid Metro construction proceeds.

I was so happy to find the pool uncrowded and I got my favorite lane. Really focused on my breathing and I figured out the expelling air at a pretty regular rate allows me to go longer between taking breaths. Before, I was holding my breath and exhaling most of it until right before I turned to breathe. I still have a long way to go. My freestyle technique leaves a lot to be desired. Regardless, I was pleased w/my workout today.

No comments:

Post a Comment