Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Favorite Day

Bike Miles - 40
Swim - 2,500/75 minutes

I decided to go to my interview, then take sick leave today.  I knew if I went in, the boss would stress me out (intentionally? possibly) before I left for the interview. In addition, I wasn't feeling well--tummy upset. I really needed a day off to recharge.

Started the day off with a decent bike ride. Again, humid and warm. Gave me some time to say some prayers that I do an excellent interview and to think. It was peaceful, which is just what I needed. Once I got home, I decided to do shoulders, since I had some extra time. 

The interview went really well. I made sure I was relaxed beforehand and was prepared. Said lots of prayers, too.  Through the entire thing, I felt pretty at ease and confident in my answers. I had so many relevant examples to give them in response to the questions.  I got a really good vibe from the lady who's chief (she said my background was a perfect fit). Let's hope I impressed them. Let feeling very, very good, like I'm going to get it. I don't want to be overconfident, though.  I have my fingers crossed and will continue praying!!!

After that, I was fired up and had energy to burn. Went to the pool when they opened to discovered that two lap lanes (including my favorite) were taken over by some kids' swim class. They supposedly were finishing up. It was pretty much deserted, otherwise, so I had a lane to myself until some older lady joined me (of course, didn't ask). She was swimming backstroke, which I can't understand when one is sharing a lane. As soon as the class moved to the end lane, I went to the one they vacated. Had it to myself for about ten minutes until some obnoxious older Asian lady joined me (again, didn't ask).  Wouldn't you know it, she was worse than the first one!  LOL. Figures, my luck. Backstroke and doing some odd form of breaststroke that took up more than half the lane. She just about kicked me once. Well, as soon as old lady #1 left, I took over my original lane, which I had to myself for the rest of the swim. I felt really good---my breathing was right on, rhythm was excellent. My shoulders were very tired/sore, but I kept going because I was in a groove. I was going to stop at an hour but I decided to try to swim 100 laps!  Longest swim yet. I'm very proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment