Monday, August 24, 2009

Great News on a Monday

Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 2,000/1 hr

It was pretty comfortable out during my ride, almost cool. I'm glad I wore a bolero to keep my arms warm.  Very peaceful ride. The same fox crossed my path twice...double good luck, I hope!  Rode the beater bike because there was a thunderstorm showing up on the radar, south. I either beat it home or it isn't headed our way.

Great news!  I got the assignment. I'm so happy for many reasons. It will be nice to be busy, be contributing to mission, and to do something meaningful. The commute will get much easier, at least for the next year or so. 

Went right to pool after work, as I had a lot of adrenalin to burn off.  Had my favorite lane to myself for most of my swim, although I initially started sharing the adjacent lane until "my" lane cleared out (kids taking some swimming lesson).  Monday swims are always tougher, for some reason.  Today's was all right and I was able to swim for a solid hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment