Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday 8 Aug 09

Bike Miles - 43
Swim - 80 laps/1 hr

I had a pretty good bike ride, although encountered some surprise sprinkles. Not enough to even dampen the pavement but I worried nonetheless because I was on the "sacred Seven."  The bike that shall never be ridden in rain!  Felt pretty strong, despite a very active week and the ride was most pleasantly uneventful. Cloudy skies, not to humid, and not to warm/cool. 

I hit the pool when it opened. The three "regulars," old gents, included me in their conversation and were very friendly to me. Guess that figured that my being there right before opening for three consecutive weeks means that I'm officially part of the Sunrise Saturday crowd.  Got a big slow lane to myself -- by the bulkhead -- and I was very mindful at taking it easy slow. Shoulders, upper back, and arms have been a little sore since Thursday's swim. Focused on my technique.  I'm working on breathing every fourth stroke instead of every stroke.  I'm getting better at it. As I was finishing my last lap, the old guy in the red flowered speedo was standing at the end of my lane, getting ready to ask me if we could split it. Before he could speak, I said, "perfect timing, I'm all finished. The lane is yours."  He got a big smile on his face and continued to gather equipment (fins, swim gloves, kickboard, etc.).  

The girls all enjoyed their walks.  Unlike Fiona, Margot is all business when she walks. We encountered Brian coming back from his run and she would not stop to say hello to her daddy. LOL. Kept marching ahead, leash in mouth.  Such a strutter.  When Fiona and I were walking, we saw the other golden puppy in the neighborhood (I think she must be 6 months). That dog is a deeper butterscotch than Fiona. Anyway, both she and Fiona were walking with their leashes in their mouths. The puppy's dad and I had a good laugh over that one. Typical golden retrievers!

Found a tick on the back of my leg after my shower. Pulled it off. It was small and my tweezers were too big to get a good grip, so I ended it removing it in pieces. Uggh. Now I have another tick bite to monitor.  This tick was much smaller than the tick I found on my chest in June.  

Hope to get in a nap and some yoga between washing/folding loads of laundry.  There's a two or three day heat wave settling down on us, so it will be good to stay indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment