Saturday, August 15, 2009

Super Saturday


Bike Miles - 43
Swim - 2,250/65 minutes
Another crusher of a Saturday morning. I really love this new routine. Tests me physically and mentally.

Up and out for a nice 43 mile ride. The weather was fine--a bit humid but a smidge cooler than it's been this week. I encountered that fella who greeted me a few weeks ago (the one on his way to work). Very friendly, had his dog-Brutus, out with him. Brutus is a Jack Russell terrier with one ear that flops down. Also saw a few other early morning cyclists and runners.

Got to the pool when it opened. I was just me and the Asian guy today. He had some nasty breath or body odor... thank God he works out in the tank, not the main pool.  Smelled like spicy stale food (could have been worse). Anyway, I was the only one in the main pool for about 10 minutes and I got my favorite lane, which I had to myself until my last few laps.  I got into a good rhythm. My breathing is getting so much better, thank goodness. I have to keep working on it to make it habit. Felt so good that I just keep going. When an man joined me in my lane, I figured I'd just end it at 90 laps. Despite yesterday's long swim and upper body strength session, my back/shoulders/arms felt fine.  Legs were good, too.

The dogs enjoyed their walks. Maeve surprised me, as she's getting a little nasty to other dogs. Protective. Has never been like that before, which is odd. Luckily, I'm able to pull her away and contain it. She must be getting contrary in her old age, just like her mommy.  LOL.  Anyway, it was starting to get warmer, so all three worked up a good "pant & lather."  By the time I finished walking Margot, I was happy to be able to shower, get the chlorine off me, and eat some breakfast.  The coupler leash is coming--got the delivery notice--so I hope to teach Margot and Fiona to walk together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment