Friday, August 28, 2009

TGIF!!! Yeeehaaaw

Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 2,500/75 minutes

I'm so glad it's Friday.

There was rain on the radar, north of us and moving further north. Regardless, I rode the beater bike and hoped for the best. Despite some lightning that motivated me to take it at a quick clip, it remained dry through the entire ride. I saw a simply beautiful fox---such a lush coat & tail with a gorgeous face. I hope s/he brings me good luck today.

I was in such a crappy mood at work, primarily because I was expecting the worst about the new assignment and because my boss hasn't been supportive of me in pursuing the opportunity. Anyway, it was all for naught. My big boss told me that the board approved the rotation but it isn't "official" yet. I was so happy...what a relief.  They will probably hold me four weeks but I plan on burning some leave!!!

I took a couple hours off early and hit some really severe rain on the road. Torrential downpours. Couldn't see. People were pretty good, for the most part, slowing down. That lasted for most of the Toll Road but by the time I got to Arlington County, it stopped. No coincidence there---the Best County in VA!  

Went directly to the pool and it was pretty deserted, which made me happier. Unfortunately, I was pretty tired. Particularly my shoulders. I managed to slog out 100 laps though. In retrospect, it wasn't that bad.  I'm proud that I stuck it out and took advantage of having my favorite lane to myself.

Looks like more rain tonight and possibly, tomorrow.  The means I'll be inside on the trainer instead of riding outside tomorrow morning!  

No comments:

Post a Comment