Sunday, August 2, 2009

Stormy Start





Bike - 2 hrs, 15 minutes on Trainer
Swim - 80 laps/1 hr

Woke up to rain that morphed into some downpours and full-blown thunderstorms.  While I could have waited to ride outside, I opted for some time with Coach Troy on the trainer. First, I really needed to switch it up and do a true recovery ride. I also didn't want to deal with the muck that inevitably would get sprayed all over my bike, legs, bike, helmet, etc.  And finally, I was up, ready to ride, and had a lot of stuff to do. Therefore, it was more efficient just to get it out of the way.  I ended up doing ABB 1 and Recovery/Technique. 

By the time I walked the dogs, the rain had stopped. The ground was pretty saturated so it was good I didn't wait. In addition, it was very humid/steamy, the kind of humidity that turns glasses opaque. 
Brian went off to work for the morning--what a way to spend a Sunday morning. I took advantage of the quiet time to pack up about ten bags of no-longer worn/too big clothing for a couple charities.  Cathartic.  I also did some boring household chores.

Continued to rain off and on the rest of the morning. I went to the HS to swim, first time on a Sunday. They don't open until mid-day and it's free swim for seniors. It was the most crowded I've seen it.  Most of the old folks would loiter in the ends of the lap lanes, but luckily, I didn't have to worry about that in my lane. Ended up sharing the entire time, but it was OK since I had the wide slow lane by the bulkhead again.  I took it easy, more of a recovery swim.

Here are some photos of the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment