Friday, August 21, 2009

TGIF!!!

Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 2,500/75 minutes

It was 83 degrees and humid when I rode this morning. Whew. The only saving grace was a 9mph wind. Saw some wild looking dude heading home from his late night revelries. 

Another pretty boring day at work. Luckily, I had 2 hrs leave scheduled for the afternoon, so I got out of there at 12:25ish.

The pool was pretty deserted. I'm afraid it's a temporary thing---people on vacation! Anyway, I made the most of it and swam 100 laps again. The last ten laps or so were pretty darn tough. I was fried!  As I was nearing the end of my swim, some older lady came and asked the fellow in the adjacent lane if she could share with him. He had arrived probably 15 minutes before she had gotten there (he's a regular---is has difficulty walking and uses a cane).  Anyway, I told her that I was finishing up and she was welcome to join me, as she would soon have the lane to herself.  

During the final ten minutes or so of my swim, I could see dark clouds approaching in the sky lights. I got outside to discover the wind blowing, pre-storm style, and big, dark blue puffy, threatening clouds. Thunder. The only positive is that I made it to my car and was a few blocks on my way before it started. Pouring. Waves of torrential rain. I made it home but sat in the car for about 10 minutes before it seemed to let up a little. Rivers of white caps rushing down the road...  Well, I ended up getting soaked walking from the car to the house.  Since I was already wet from swimming it wasn't that big a deal.

I plan to do some yoga because I'm pretty sore/tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment