Friday, August 7, 2009

TGIF 7 August 2009

Bike Miles - 36
Swim - 75 laps/about an hour

What a lovely morning for a bike ride. Sixty-four degrees, lower dewpoint/humidity, slight breeze, clear sky, and bright moon/stars.  Best of all, no other people. It was all mine, save for the bunnies.  A fox crossed my path, a good omen for the day. 

As I'm eating my breakfast, I notice that Margot was on Fiona's back, as Fiona was lying on the kitchen floor. Margot was humping her to beat the band.  "I the Alpha!"  

I left work two hours early today. The traffic has been bad on Fridays---summer tourists, primarily---and it's not like I'm working on anything important.  Or much at all, for that matter.  I might just do it for every Friday for August, just for mental health reasons.

I went right to the pool and swam. Really wasn't too crowded, and I took it easy. My shoulders and arms were pretty sore from Thursday's swim, and I hope to get in a long swim tomorrow after my bike ride. Such a gorgeous day---not a cloud in the sky and not too hot. The sun was shining through the skylight, giving me a sunny swath to swim through. 

After I got home and showered, I took each of the dogs on an abbreviated walk. The sun was pretty intense, so I didn't want to make them do a regular walk. All three worked up a good lather. In the hopes of wearing her out, I took Margot on a bit further than usual walk. She was crying when we didn't turn down the road toward home!  Seemed relieved when she saw the stairs leading up to the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment