Saturday, August 29, 2009

Frog Invasion and I Musta Passed Muster!

Bike Miles - 43
Swim - 2, 500/72 mins

Because of the predicted rain, I honestly thought I'd be suffering through another 2 hour Spinerval session inside on the trainer. It wasn't raining when I got up and while there were showers on the radar, they looked far off enough for me to get in at least 36 miles. Headed out on the beater bike and had a good ride. It was very very humid & damp, the vestiges of yesterday's super soaking rain. A big pile of sand/muck in the underpass, which I could pretty much get around. The surprise of the ride: FROGS. There was a grown pretty green/yellow frog just resting on the pavement.  Passed him several times. There were little frogs all over the place. A first.  While it stayed dry for the most part, I got sprinkled on for about 10 minutes. More like spit than rain--I think it was humidity in the air.

Got to the pool at opening and to my surprise, the Nazi started talking to me. Nice conversation. I must have passed muster or something. LOL. Anyway, she seems guarded and a little bossy, but that's ok. Ended up sharing the big lane by the bulkhead with some lady. She left after about 55 mins, so I had the lane to myself for a bit. As I was starting my final six laps, an old gent asked if he could share the lane.  Both of them were good lane partners.  I have to admit that I was feeling it during today's swim. Just a bit tired, not sore. I pushed myself to do 100 laps because the only way I'll build endurance, is to keep going when I'd rather stop. Wore my new Speedo today, too. I liked the fit at the bottom but it was a tiny bit generous at the top. Not overly so. Hopefully, it won't stretch out much (it's polyester).

The dogs and I enjoyed their walks, even though it was cloudy/gloomy and still humid.

Brian drove up to Pennsylvania to visit his father, who is up from Florida. I wonder if he regrets having moved so far away and gotten sucked in to the "step-hootchie-mama's" family?   We'll see if Brian brings home a bunch of Amish stuff, like shoo fly pie!  I'm in for a quite a day, being alone with the dogs. Hopefully, I'll be able to sneak in a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment